- As you can see, the Canucks have been hit hard with injuries. That’s probably a big reason why they’ve struggled so much lately, losing six straight games.
- As Dave McCarthy of TSN wrote in the Leaf Report, the Canucks will need Daniel Sedin and Luongo to step up if they want to end this skid. Sedin has no goals and only five assists in his last 18 games, and Luongo has an .881 save percentage in his last four starts.
- Holland wasn’t listed in the injury report in NHL.com’s preview, so I’m not sure if he’ll be ready to go tonight or not. If not, the Leafs will probably opt to start 11 forwards and seven defensemen like they did in Thursday night’s 4-1 win over the Tampa Bay Lightning.
- Speaking of Thursday, the Leafs played much better that night, actually outshooting the Bolts 36-34. Hopefully they can build off that with a good effort against the Canucks.
- Tonight is the last night before the NHL’s Olympic break. Kessel and van Riemsdyk will be representing Team USA at the Games, while Kulemin will suit up for the host Russians.
- Share your thoughts in the comment section during the game. Follow along with the tweeters here:
- Any predictions for the game tonight? The Leafs are the favourites, but I wouldn’t underestimate a Canucks team that totally dominated the Leafs last time they played. However, they’re also dealing with a bunch of injuries. I’m anticipating a close 3-2 shootout win for the Leafs.
GO LEAFS GO! GO CANADA GO!