Who: Toronto Maple Leafs (27-21-5) at Winnipeg Jets (23-24-5)
Where: MTS Centre (Winnipeg, MB)
When: 7 p.m. ET
Where to watch: CBC
Where to listen: TSN Radio 1050
Opposition blog: Hockey At The Forks
Latest betting line (from Vegas Insider): Winnipeg -126
Leafs win probability (from Steve Burtch): 42.3 per cent
Lineups (from Daily Faceoff):
Zach Bogosian – Tobias Enstrom
- The Jets are 4-1 since head coach Claude Noel was fired and replaced by Paul Maurice. Their only loss was Thursday in San Jose, where they lost by a slim 1-0 margin to the Sharks.
- The Leafs had their own win streak (a six-gamer) snapped on Thursday when they were thumped 7-1 by the Dallas Stars. The loss was inevitable because the Leafs were pretty lucky to have the streak last that long. They’ll be looking for a bounce-back game in Winnipeg.
- Reimer will get the start in his home province of Manitoba. The 25-year-old goaltender grew up about two hours north of Winnipeg in Morweena. Reimer replaced Bernier in net during the loss Thursday, but didn’t fare much better than his teammate. He was fantastic in his last start against the Colorado Avalanche on Tuesday, stopping 35 shots.
- Jets netminder Pavelec is having a poor season, but has played very well in his last two starts. The battle between these two goalies should be very interesting to watch.
- Comment below to take part in the game thread. Follow along with the tweeters here:
GO LEAFS GO!!!!!!