- The Maple Leafs have a huge opportunity over the next two games. If they win both, they will tie the Montreal Canadiens for third place in the Atlantic Division. These are two games that are must-wins if they want to quickly catch up to the top three.
- This game marks the start of a four-game road trip against Western Conference teams. Phoenix tonight, the Colorado Avalanche tomorrow night, the Dallas Stars on Thursday and the Winnipeg Jets on Saturday.
- Martin Hanzal of the Coyotes is a game-time decision with an undisclosed injury.
- According to Sportsnet’s Ticker, the Leafs are 14-7-3 when Nazem Kadri plays more than 18 minutes a game. So I guess we now know the secret to the Leafs success.
- If the Leafs win tonight, they will have five games in a row for the first time since 2007.
- Since being named to the Canadian Olympic Team, Mike Smith has played considerably better. In the past three games, he has a .951 save percentage. The Leafs will need their offense to be on their game tonight.
Be sure to join us for the live game thread tonight.