- Hurricanes defenseman Ron Hainsey missed practice due to the flu and will be a game-time decision.
- Jonas Siegel tweeted that Leafs right-winger Ashton played some centre in a November 15 game against the Buffalo Sabres. I guess he can’t be any worse than Jerred Smithson.
- It’s still unclear whether or not Gunnarsson will be well enough to get in the lineup. Clarkson left practice early and, according to Siegel, “didn’t appear happy.” I would assume that’s not a good sign.
- If the ‘Canes win, they’ll overtake the Leafs for the second wild card because they have more regulation and overtime wins, I believe. The Washington Capitals will leapfrog the Leafs with a win over the Tampa Bay Lightning tonight.
- Reimer gets his first start since December 21 against the Detroit Red Wings. He allowed three goals on 12 shots and got pulled in that game. Hopefully the long layoff won’t affect his play.
- Khudobin has only appeared in six games this season, but is 5-0 with a ridiculous .940 save percentage. And he’s the backup to the backup in Carolina.
- The Hurricanes have won four straight and haven’t lost since the last time these two teams played on December 29.
- Comment below during the game. Follow along with the tweeters here:
GO LEAFS GO!