Who: Buffalo Sabres (10-24-3) at Toronto Maple Leafs (18-16-5)
Where: Air Canada Centre (Toronto, Ontario)
When: 7:30 PM EST
Where to Watch: TSN, MSG-B
Where to Listen: TSN 1050, WGR 550 (Buffalo)
Enemy Blog: Sabre Noise
Lineups (from DailyFaceoff):
- Tyler Bozak is still injured with a strained oblique, he will not be returning until Sunday’s game against the Carolina Hurricanes at the earliest. Kadri will once again be assuming his position down the middle of the first line.
- Dave Bolland is still nowhere near returning to the lineup. The standing position from coach Randy Carlyle is that he is unlikely to be back by the Olympic break.
- Young Buffalo centre Cody Hodgson is out dealing with a wrist injury right on the heels of a reported lower-body injury. He has 19 points in his 33 games with the struggling Sabres this year and will be sorely missed. Depth centre Cody McCormick is also out due to injury.
- Not much has changed in the Leafs lineup since their last game. Colton Orr returned from injury on the 23rd and Troy Bodie was sent back down to the Toronto Marlies.
- Newly acquired Linus Omark (from the Edmonton Oilers for a conditional sixth-round pick) will be playing his second game with Buffalo tonight if pugilist John Scott remains scratched. The 26 year-old has notched 30 points in 67 NHL games. Scott has 5 points in 199 career games. However, Buffalo coach Ted Nolan has shown that he believes team toughness to be an important asset.
- Buffalo called up Johan Larsson and Mark Pysyk from the Rochester Americans and sent Chad Ruhwedel back down before the Christmas break. The Americans are currently gooning it up in Switzerland (warning, strong language).