Who: Toronto Maple Leafs (14-9-3) at Montreal Canadiens (14-9-3)
Where: Bell Centre (Montreal, QC)
When: 7:00 PM ET
Where to watch: CBC, NHLN-US, RDS
Where to listen: TSN 1050
Enemy blog: A Winning Habit
- There was no morning skate, so lineups are obviously subject to change. Bernier will likely start because Reimer played last night.
- The Leafs have lost their last three games and haven’t won since last Saturday. I’ve been in Florida all week so I haven’t watched any of them, but from what I’ve read/watched on the Internet it sounds like those games were all varying shades of terrible. At least they were able to steal one point in each of their last two games. No better time to rebound than in a Saturday night game against the hated Habs.
- The Canadiens are trending in pretty much the exact opposite direction. Their four-game win streak finally ended last night when they lost to the Washington Capitals in a shootout. They now own the exact same record as the Leafs and the two teams are tied for fourth in the division.
- The play of Price and Budaj has done wonders for the team during this streak. The two goalies haven’t let in more than two goals in any of their starts since November 7. That’s bad news for a Leafs team that has really struggled to score.
- Jake Gardiner played last night, but was scratched by Coach Carlyle in the two before that in favour of Fraser and Rielly, who sat out last night. Interestingly, Franson played the least amount of minutes among Leafs’ defensemen with 15 against Buffalo. I have no idea what this all means.
- Join us for the live thread during the game.