Since the lockout has devastated many hockey fans, here is a classic video from a simpler time that should bring a smile to any Leaf fans face. A time where mullets, fanny packs, and faded jeans were all the rage. It was the early 90′s and if you have seen The Passion Returns, then you may have seen a glimpse of this hilarious music video.
The 1990′s were a time where athletes did incredibly ridiculous things when it came to advertisements and music videos. Sadly, those days are no more. Could you imagine Sidney Crosby, Lebron James, or Aaron Rodgers doing something like this today?
A few things to keep an eye out for in the video are:
1) Unless my eyes deceive me, according to the credits Glenn Anderson put this entire thing together. That’s impressive.
2) Notice how disappointed the third kid is at the start when the first two kids pick Doug Gilmour and Wendel Clark, and he says “I guess I’ll be Anderson or Andreychuk, one of those guys…….”
3) Dave Andreychuk looks really out of place and like he wishes he could be anywhere but in a cheesy music video.
4) Mike Myers makes a solid cameo appearance.
5) Jamie Macoun is having way too much fun and is an underrated dancer.