Anyone who wasn’t petrified when Malkin started skating in from center on that shootout attempt was either too drunk to notice what was happening or hasn’t followed hockey for the last three months.
I’ve gotten away from these over the past few months, but with reliable help on board, we’re going to start getting you your healthy dosage of links from around Leaf Nation again. Last night’s loss was brutal to say the least, and while I’m sure most of you don’t want to relive it, there were plenty of good things to take out of the first 45 minutes of that game. The Buds grabbed a point, jumped a place in the standings and get a shot at a mulligan back at the ACC tonight, so keep your heads up and get ready for gametime tonight, kids. Make the jump for some All-Star Game discussion and audio, some trade talk, and a look ahead to the Leafs’ playoff push.
- The always-spectacular Game in 10 from Mislav over at Maple Leafs Hot Stove – unfortunately, it’s still about last night’s collapse.
- Gotta love the pure logic and solid rational thinking that Leaf nation constantly exhibits, especially when the Leafs lose. Just kidding. Check out Jeffler’s social experiment over at LeafsHQ.
- Pension Plan Puppets with a collection of audio from our Leafs’ representatives at the ASG festivities this weekend.
- Curt from Blue Chip Prospects with a look at what Leaf fans should expect to get for fair return should Burkie pull the trigger on a deal in the next few weeks.
- Speaking of trades, Lyle Richardson from Spector’s Hockey refutes a few juicy trade rumors that popped up on Twitter this week. As bad as we all want Rick Nash, let’s be real here people.
- A couple of great articles from Danny Gray over at Leafs Nation. First, an interesting piece on sexism at the All-Star Fantasy Draft, followed by a look at what the Leafs need to focus on during their playoff push.