With all the activity around the Leafs over the past two weeks or so, there’s alot of questions that need to be answered. Here’s the first installment of something new I’m going to be starting here at Editor-in-Leaf. Without any further ado, Five Burning Questions.
1. Should Leaf fans be mad that Brad Richards is not coming to Toronto next season? No, I said it before, and I stand by it.
2. Was Brian Burke wrong for being in Afghanistan on July 1? No, and Steve Simmons is a douchebag.
3. Did Burke absolutely rob the Nashville Predators? Yes – whether or not, Matthew Lombardi is able to recover from a serious concussion that kept him out of just about all of last season, Cody Franson will fit in very nicely on the Leafs’ blueline. Also, NO MORE BRETT LEBDA!!!
4. Who were the shining stars at the Leafs’ developmental camp? Despite my enthusiasm for the Leafs’ current blueline, things could look even better in just a few years. Jake Gardiner and Jesse Blacker stood out as some of the brightest prospects at camp last week.
5. Will Tim Connolly be the center Phil Kessel has been missing for the last two seasons? He might not be Sidney Crosby, but he should put up some pretty decent numbers, and should make things easier for whoever he ends up playing with.