Picking the winner of an NHL playoff series is difficult. Picking the Stanley Cup winner in April is nothing more than educated guesswork. Still, that’s the fun part about this job, you get to say what you want, when you want to, and nobody dies if you’re wrong. So here’s how I think the playoffs are gonna shake out over the next two months.
(1) Washington defeats (7) Philadelphia – 4-3
(4) Pittsburgh defeats (3) Buffalo – 4-2
(5) Detroit defeats (1) San Jose – 4-3
(2) Chicago defeats (3) Vancouver – 4-2
(4) Pittsburgh defeats (1) Washington – 4-3
(2) Chicago defeats (5) Detroit – 4-2
Stanley Cup Finals
(2) Chicago defeats (4) Pittsburgh – 4-3
There you have it – in my incredibly expert opinion, this is the year the Windy City finally gets to host a championship parade. There’s a lot of teams in here that could easily pull it off – Pittsburgh is a serious threat to repeat, if Washington’s goaltending holds up, they could be the ones drinking out of the Cup, and of course don’t ever count out the Red Wings, but I think Jonathan Toews will be getting a Stanley Cup ring to hang up with his Olympic gold medal this spring.