Whether your team’s not in the Super Bowl or you somehow just don’t care about football, we all know the real reason to watch football’s greatest game is the ridiculous amount of money that advertisers spend to reach the massive audiences that tune in every year. Here’s my top ten picks for best Super Bowl commercials in the past decade.
10. Yes, Etrade actually had advertisements before that wise-ass baby they have now.
9. Bud Light always has some of the best Super Bowl commercials. Here’s one with the famous Clydesdale horses.
8. Who doesn’t like the Go Daddy commercials? Here’s one of the originals from 2005.
7. How great of a movie was Night at the Roxbury? Great enough to inspire this Diet Pepsi ad from 2008.
6. Maybe Carlos Mencia should stick to commercials, at least he can’t be accused of stealing jokes.
5. Remember when Britney Spears was hot?
4. Who cut the cheese?
3. From last year, Diet Pepsi’s “I’m good” commercial. The guy getting electrocuted cracks me up every time.
2. Doritos “Power of the Crunch” from 2009.Any commercial that includes women in lingerie and a guy getting run over by a bus in the same 30 seconds gets my vote.
1. Reebok’s Office Linebacker commercial has to be one of the best Super Bowl commercials of all time. “When it’s game time, it’s pain time!”
Those are my picks, I’m sure there’s plenty of funny ones I left off, and hopefully there will be some even better ones tonight. Let’s go Saints!